Why am I talking about things outside the realm of fashion, you ask? Here’s what an average day in my life is like: I spend a few hours in the morning doing seemingly boring and dry but mandatory things for Miraya (think talking to manufacturers at ungodly hours because of the time difference, and having to work your way around 5 schedules besides your own.) I have to make sure I get that coffee right at noon, so I can hit the gym within the next hour. Then I shower, cook, and eat. Depending on what side of the camera I have to be on, I either get dressed or dress up the set. In-betweens involve responding to 5-minute emails, making phone calls that need to be made before EOD, remembering to post on Instagram, and starting soon, working on my thesis. Amidst all this, I have to figure out a way to be at my editorial best for what follows: blogposts and school work. Once I cross off editorial tasks on my Asana, I’m back to working my tush off for Miraya before I can peacefully call it a day, and reenergize to wake up and repeat. Long story long, here’s why getting this Inkwell Press in June 2016 was the best decision I ever made:
• Putting away those gadgets: Work requires me to be plugged in almost all the time, so those 20 minutes sans my phone and laptop are to me what coffee beans are to fragrances: a palate cleanser/ reset.
• Remembering better: It is practically impossible to forget a job with a planner like this because it is so detailed. There’s a monthly goals page (financial, health, social, family, me-time, dream big), space for both daily and weekly scheduling, and extra pages to fill out finer details like bills and expenses, gift list, and other great ideas (movies to watch, books to read etc.) I love that everything is in one place! Also, it has been proven that writing helps you remember better.
• Get creative: For a stationery addict like me, a planner full of sticky notes, polaroids, bookmarks, gift cards, and coupons doubles up like a cute keepsake. It stops being a dreaded to-do list, and is more like a personalized, gorgeous productivity tool. Needless to mention, all the tangible visuals really boost my creativity.
• Organization: This planner is my timer, my editorial calendar, my workout schedule, and of course, a record of school-related things. Moreover, with InkWell Press, I get a macro, at-a-glance perspective of how much I’m getting done, and that helps allot a specific amount of time to each task.
• Mental decluttering: Any planner is going to make life a lot less stressful, streamlined, and smooth. Trust me on this, you can achieve a lot more when you have less clutter and more control.
Circling back to the part about being a #womeneur, it's kinda nice to look at something and see how much I accomplished in 15 hours.
See you here soon!
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 2
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors = 1
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results
Miraya originated as a concept magazine for a Publishing class, but much of it now exists online and has been adapted for this blog. The core remains intact, and that is to explore the changing landscape of contemporary Indian fashion through the international lens, engaging readers in a creative juxtaposition between tradition and modernity. Spearheaded by Founder and Creative Director, Namrata Loka.
Click here to read about me.