In our second collaboration with Christina Davis, she shares her top five power dressing tips:
Our #PowerDressing segment is dedicated to sartorial work/play outfits to help you experiment with your personal style, on a daily basis. In this post, Christina Davis Patel from Classtige, puts her spin on classic office-wear for the fashionista.
1. Make a crop top work-appropriate: It is totally doable, especially if your work place isn't overly corporate. Christina donned this sleek black turtle neck crop top that covers the midriff and ends right at the waistline of her trousers. This makes for a very polished, modest, and figure-flattering look.
2. Turn it up a notch with statement jewelry: Statement jewelry can add zing to even the most boring outfits. Faux gemstones are super chic additions to monochromatic ensembles, or like Christina, you could add a bold, neutral ring while keeping all other jewelry minimal. You can shop the ring here, and the bracelet, here.
3. Tailored pants: Your favorite skinnies, cigarette pants, or breezy trousers can totally double up as workwear, so long as they fit you well. Considering hemming them based on the length of the shoes you wear most often (that is, if you wear flats or sneakers all the time, hem till your ankle bone.)
4. Layer up: A boucle coat is the perfect accoutrement in the Fall and Winter seasons, and blazers work year-round. Stock up on basic solid blazers, and pick up textured and printed blazers during major sales. Make it your own rendition of the classic Chanel tweed skirt suit!
5. Go monochrome: Work a chic look in one color head-to-toe, or like Christina, pair classic neutrals. You can stick to a muted color palette, or add pops of bright hues like fuchsia, tangerine, teal, and green! Opt for a bold lip color in the evenings, and perhaps a somber nude during the day.
There you have it, five simple power dressing tips to step out of the house feeling like Miranda Priestly, ready to run the world!
Caribbean Pink Statement Bracelet
Rustic dual-toned cuff with geometric fuchsia and aqua gemstones
Color: Fuchsia, aqua, rustic gold
Composition: Zinc (polished)
Knit One, Pearl One Statement Ring
Lightweight faux pearl ethnic statement ring
Diameter: 1.5 inches
Color: Rustic gold, off-white, white
Composition: Zinc (polished)
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 2
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors = 1
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results
Miraya originated as a concept magazine for a Publishing class, but much of it now exists online and has been adapted for this blog. The core remains intact, and that is to explore the changing landscape of contemporary Indian fashion through the international lens, engaging readers in a creative juxtaposition between tradition and modernity. It is spearheaded by the Founder and Creative Director, Namrata Loka.
Namrata R. Loka
Founder & Creative Director