Stay energized and productive all day by adopting these five best-kept secrets, and very basic morning rituals.
The biggest secret to supercharging your day before that first cup of coffee, lies in your morning routine, i.e, how you spend the first few minutes after you wake up. I'm going to share five morning habits that have helped me stay happy, energized, and productive all day long:
1. Make your bed: Fold your blankets, pull the covers tight, reset your pillows neatly. You see, "how you do anything, is how you do everything." Making your bed is like the first victory in the day. You start your day having accomplished something. It is the first reminder that your actions will control your day and life. And in the event that you have a hectic, exhausting day, you'll come back to clean bed - that could potentially melt half your stress away.
2. Put cold teaspoons on your eyes: This is a beauty quick fix that I picked up from Vogue's video featuring Margot Robbie. It works wonders for puffy eyes and dark circles. I leave two teaspoons in the freezer for 10 minutes, hold them on my eyes for 2-3 minutes, and follow up with eye cream. It takes away the sluggishness from my face, and when I look and feel so fresh in the morning, I instantly feel confident about having a positive day ahead!
3. Drink warm water with lemon: It is a known fact that you lack energy when you're dehydrated. Lukewarm water is just easier on your body first thing in the morning, and I could not possibly list out all the benefits of lemon water here. I squeeze half a lemon into a 24 ounce bottle of water (I sip on it all day), out of which I drink about one cup in the morning. It is refreshing, definitely energizing, and just what you need if you're trying to stay away from that cup of joe.
4. Dress up: Did you know that playing dress up every morning is a proven way to increase productivity? I cannot tell you the number of times I sprung out of bed excitedly, because of the outfit I planned to wear that day! I love the idea of investing time into dressing up in the morning, and it lends a sense of power and confidence that continues into my day.
5. Music + aromatherapy: Listen to whatever you define as soulful, uplifting music. I start by adding a few drops of essential fragrance oils into an aromatherapy dispenser, and listen to feel-good music that just varies based on what I'm doing that day. It is a convenient way to relax and have some me-time, and puts me in a good mood right away!
Consider incorporating these little things into your morning routine, and let me know if it helps kickstart your day!
Have a happy Monday and a supercharged week ahead, everyone!
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 7px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors = 1
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results
Miraya originated as a concept magazine for a Publishing class, but much of it now exists online and has been adapted for this blog. The core remains intact, and that is to explore the changing landscape of contemporary Indian fashion through the international lens, engaging readers in a creative juxtaposition between tradition and modernity. Spearheaded by Founder and Creative Director, Namrata Loka.
Click here to read about me.